It often amazes me how people take better care of their cars than their bodies.Starting our day with a good breakfast boosts our energy, increases our attention span, and heightens our sense of well-being.The importance of breakfast in the morning like a king.Well why I am saying this much of taking breakfast bcoz I used to skip my breakfast when I was in hostel ie almost 6 years I faced good enough health problems.Later when Sri explained me about the importance of breakfast I never ever skips now. Here I am posting the diet which we follow in our breakfast.Boiled eggs sprinkled with pepper powder,milk with ragi malt and oats upma.
Oats are generally considered healthy being touted commercially as nutritious. The discovery of the healthy cholestorel-lowering properties has led to wider appreciation of oats as human food.During week days I prefer tiffins which needs less labor.In search of such tiffins I found out this simple oats upma.Coming to the recipe..
- 1 cup quaker oats
- 1 small sized onion peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 green chillies cut lengthwise
- 1 tomato chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- few coriander leaves
- few curry leaves
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 cups water
- Slightly roast oats in ghee and keep aside.
- In a wide pan add oil and once the oil is hot add mustard seeds,on spluttering add onions and saute till transparent.
- Add green chillies and tomato pieces.Cook for 3 minutes until tomatos become soft and oil comes out.
- Now add water,salt,curry leaves,coriander leaves and close the pan.
- After 5 minutes the water gets boiled,remove lid and pour the roasted oats into hot water slowly while stirring on low flame.
- After 3 minutes turn off the stove and serve hot with a dice of lemon/mango pickle. keeps you going for three hours as it is very filling!!