Thanks to the surprise rainfall on Monday morning, the pleasant shower was welcome to the Spring season. During such drizzling's I prefer to cook hot and spicy items and today its Chilli Paneer's turn with a sip of hot coffee.Coming to the recipe...
- 200 gm paneer cut into small pieces
- 1 capsicum cut into long pieces
- 1 big white onion cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp onion greens
- 1 inch ginger - cut in long thin pieces
- 4 garlic pods cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dark soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chilli paste(adjust as per spicy levels)(I used red chillis not the dried ones)
- 2 tsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup of green coriander chopped finely
- In a bowl mix 1 tbsp of corn flour,pepper powder,1/2 tsp salt with water to form thick paste.Marinate the paneer pieces for half an hour in the paste.
- In a deep pan fry marinated paneer pieces till golden brown and place on tissue papers.
- Now in a wide pan add 1 tbsp of oil.Saute ginger and garlic pieces on high flame. Add white onion pieces and saute for 2 mins.
- Add capsicum pieces and saute for few more minutes. Capsicum should retain its crunchiness.
- Now add red chilli paste,tomato sauce,soy sauce,vinegar,water and cook for few minutes.
- Add paneer pieces,1/2 tsp salt and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Mix the remaining 1 tbsp corn flour with water and combine on high flame tossing all the contents for 2-3 minutes inorder to make the recipe thick.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro,chopped onion greens and serve hot.