These are Mexican recipes from my kitchen today.Friday is almost a party mood for almost all software engineers.Last friday when I went to 17 degrees North ,a Mexican restaurant this recipe caught my attention. I loved the chips in the luncheon with Pico de Gallo otherwise salsa.I just want to introduce the taste of mexican culinary in my home and try my luck and it turned out very delicious.
I love Mexican cuisine as most of our recipes has more or less similarities with Mexican.Known for its varied flavors and colorful combination ,Mexican cuisine had been recently added to UNESCO's world intangible cultural heritage.Coming to recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups Makai ki atta(maize flour not corn flour which is yellow in color)
- 1 cup all purpose flour/maida
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt for taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- water for mixing dough
- Make a soft dough of above ingredients similar to roti.
- Make lemon size balls and roll with a rolling pan.Prick lightly with a fork.
- Now toast the rolled out roti both sides on a hot tava for few seconds.
- Cut into desired pieces and deep fry the chips in oil till golden brown.Serve with salsa.
In Mexican Cuisine, pico de gallo also called salsa, is a fresh, uncooked condiment made from chopped tomato,onion,jalapeno,lemon juice and cilantro.
Ingredients for Salsa:
- 2-3 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 big white onion
- 2 jalapenos deseeded(I used red chilli peppers)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Cut tomatoes,onions,jalapenos into small pieces and mix all the ingredients .Put aside for half an hour so that the juices get abosrbed by all ingredients.
- Serve with chips.