Last week when I went to lunch at Ohris restaurant I had peanut salad which tasted good and the ingredients were bog standard.I could not stop myself asking the chef about the recipe and he replied me with more interest.My friends tasted this and said its heavenly.Well hey, deserving or not, you gotta take the kudos as you find it, so I sat back and sipped my green tea, glowing in the manner of the amateur cook who has just had a lot of praise for a very simple preparation. It works for me!
- 2 cups raw peanuts,shelled
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- few coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chat powder
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped into small pieces
- Wash peanuts,add water and cook for 2-3 whistles.Take care that nuts should not be mushy.
- Drain water and add to large bowl ,add all ingredients except coriander leaves.
- Toss well till flavors blend and finally garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with hot tea/coffee.Goes well with a mug of beer.