For todays dinner I prepared Paneer Bhurji as the side dish as afternoons left over muvvankaya was there.Morning times in hurry to office I could not capture photos,so not able to post Muvvankaya recipe.Paneer is the Indian cottage cheese and is made by curdling milk with some acidic food.Paneer bhurji is a punjabi vegetable recipe with paneer or cottage cheese crumbled and then cooked with a choice of onions, tomatoes and select masalas.Coming to the recipe..
- 250 gms grated paneer
- 1 big onion cut into small pieces
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- pinch turmeric powder,chilli powder,pepper powder,
- salt to taste
- few coriander leaves
- few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp oil for frying
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- Heat oil in a pan.Once heated add mustard seeds.On spluttering add onions and fry till transparent.
- Now add turmeric powder,ginger garlic paste and saute till the rawness disappears.
- Add green chilli pieces and fry for few seconds.
- Now add grated paneer. As the paneer retains water saute till the water disappears.
- Add chilli poder,pepper powder,coriander leaves and cokk for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice/rotis.