My brother loves Rava Laddu and this time I surprised him by sending the laddus to him. As a first try I opted the basic method of preparing laddus where in the roasted rava is mixed with sugar powder,cardamom powder and milk.Coming to the recipe..
- 1 cup rava
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp grated coconut
- ghee roasted almonds,cashews,raisins,
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp ghee
- In a wide pan heat ghee roast the grated coconut.Keep aside.Now add rava and roast until it becomes red in color.
- Make fine powder of sugar.
- In a vessel add powdered sugar,rava,cardamom powder and combine well.
- Pour milk spoon by spoon and combine well so that the mixture should be semi dry.
- Grease your hands with ghee and make small dumplings.Top each laddu with ghee roasted cashew and raisin. Let the laddus dry fo 2 hrs and store in air tight conatiners.
Since milk is used finish the laddus within one week.If the rava is not roasted properly, the laddus come out to be very sticky. So fry till it turns slightly reddish.
Next time will post the recipe without milk.