Okra , a regular vegetable cooked @our home is a love or hate for many.In my childhood days I hated this veggie but now I love it.The greenish vegetable has a pleasant taste despite of being sticky/gooey.
- 1/2 kg Okra washed ,dried and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 2 red chillies
- salt for taste
- few curry leaves
- few cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp of lemon juice to avoid stickyness
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 8-9 garlic pods
- 1 tsp dried coconut powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- few fenugreek seeds
- In a pan add oil and once it is hot,add all poppu seeds.When the mustard seeds splutter,add onions,red chilli,curry leaves and turmeric powder.
- When the onions become transparent ,add okra pieces and saute for few minutes.
- Cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes. Add lemon juice inorder to avoid stickiness.
- Make sure that okra is not overburnt by sauting in between.
- Make fine powder of garlic pods,coriander powder,coconut powder,red chilli powder and add to okra.
- Finally add cilantro and serve hot with rotis/rice.Goes well as side dish with dal/sambar.