Deviled eggs are a common dish and so popular in the United States that special carrying trays are sold specifically for them. The term "deviled" in reference to food is used most often with spicy or zesty food, including eggs prepared with mustard, pepper or other ingredients stuffed in the yolk cavity.Cool hard boiled eggs are peeled, sliced lengthwise and the yolks are removed. The yolks are mashed and mixed with a variety of other ingredients, most often mayonnise and mustard. The yolk mixture is then scooped with a spoon or knife or piped into each egg "cup." I used a blend of Indian spices as ingredients.You can also garnish the egg yolks by sprinlking a dash of cilantro.Everyone in my home likes this.I wouldn't blame you for eating one right away though ... Enjoy!
4 boiled eggs,peeled and cut length wise
- 3 tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 big onion cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp corainder powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Boil the eggs, make it peeled and cut length wise.
- In a pan add oil,mustard seeds and once the seeds splutter add turmeric powder,onions.
- Dry roast onions and add tomato pieces.Cook until the oil comes out of the pieces.
- Now add red chilli powder,pepper powder,coriander powder and salt.
- Pop out the egg yolk halves carefully with a spoon or with a gentle but firm pressure squeeze the egg half from both sides so that the yolk will pop out easily.
- Assemble all the ingredients cooked for stuff with yolk.For nice smooth fillings mash the yolk with fork without any lumps.
- Now fill each egg white with spoonful of filling.(You can decorate the filling by using cakes decorator nozzle).
- Serve as starters/appetizers. Goes fine with rotis too.
You can add any mixture of spices for filling like garam masala powder etc.But the filling should be gooier in order to stuff. You can make this recipe as gravy by adding more onions and tomatoes.But the filling may become oozy.In such case take some stuff separately in a bowl and mash the egg yolks. The remaining stuff would serve as gravy.