A chunk of a paneer and fistful of peas are left over in refrigerator. So thought of preparing Matar paneer with rotis.This North Indian dish is a lip smacking recipe @ my home.Coming to the recipe..
- 250 gms Paneer
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp green chilli paste,ginger paste,garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Kasuri methi(optional)
- 1 tsp malai(meegada)
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- In a large wok heat oil and once it is hot add onions ,saute till transparent.
- Add ginger garlic,green chilli paste,turmeric powder and combine
- Now add tomatoes and bring to a boil until the oil separates.
- Mean while saute the paneer pieces in 1 tsp ghee till they turn into light brown color.
- Add 1 cup of water,green peas,paneer and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder,chilli powder,malai,kasuri methi and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot with rotis.
Sending this post to event hosted by akila Dish Name Starts with G