It has been definitely a while since my last post. From last few weeks I was so busy that one week end we went to Shirdi,next week end to kadapa on occasion of Ugadhi.As soon as I came I was busy in shopping as chinna was travelling abroad(US) for office work.She landed safely and reported in office too.Now she has to perform additional duties like cooking for herself. Hope this blog helps her a lot as she is a newbie in kitchen.Coming to recipe Vankaya,brinjal aka egg plant is srikanth's favourite veggie.He likes to have it any form.Today I prepared simple stir fry with pappula podi which enhances the taste of brinjal.
- 1/4 kg purple/green brinjal cut into round shapes.(I tried this just for variety),
- pinch of garlic paste,
- 2 tbsps Pappula podi,
- pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 medium sized onion cut into small pieces
- 1-2 teared dry red chillies
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- pinch of mustard seeds,cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp sanaga pappu,urad dal
- curry leaves
- While cutting the brinjals place the chopped pieces into a bowl containing salt water (pinch of salt in 2 glasses of water)so that the brinjals do not turn out black and the tanginess in the brinjals will disappear.
- Now in a frying pan add oil and once it is hot add tadka seeds and let them splutter.
- Add onion pieces and saute them till transparent.Now add red chilli and brinjal pieces.
- Cook brinjals for 5-8 minutes on medium heat by closing with a lid. Add salt,red chilli powder,pappula podi and combine well.Cook for few more minutes tossing constantly.Make sure that the cooked brinjal pieces do not become mushy.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve hot along with rice/rotis.