This sunday's lunch ended up with simple egg curry as last friday we had our lunch@Barbeque Nation.sri loves the concept of 'Food on Fire'.So he is a frequent visitor to Barbeque.Had all sorts of non veg(mutton,chicken,fish,prawn) starters so planned to have a very light meal on sunday. This curry adapted from my mom is a favorite curry for Sri and me.
- 4 boiled eggs
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 fenu greek seeds
- 1 big onion cut into small pieces
- pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 8-10 garlic pods
- 2 tbsp grated dry coconut
- lemon sized tamarind soaked and juiced
- few curry leaves
- few cilantro leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Roast cumin and fenu greek seeds for 2 minutes.
- Grind cumin and fenu greek seeds into coarse powder.
- To this add onions,garlics,coriander powder,grated coconut,red chilli powder,salt and few spoons of water.Grind into fine paste.
- Now in a vessel add oil and once it is hot add the ground paste and roast for 3 minutes until the rawness disappears.
- Make slits on boiled eggs so that the gravy penetrates inside the egg and add the eggs to the gravy.
- Add tamarind paste (add some water if you want the gravy to be thinner) and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Finally garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rice/rotis.