This week when I went to Sabzi Mandi I was delighted to see chinta chiguru every where. This is the best season to get chinta chiguru.Chinta chiguru is one of the Andhra delicacy. I got loads of it to try different variations like chinataku pappu and chinta chiguru mutton.As I find only time on sunday to buy groceries, chinta chiguru mutton took its first slot.First I dont have any idea of this delicacy , when I told to mom about the loads of chinta chiguru, she suggested this option. Coming to the recipe...
- 2 cups fresh tamarind leaves,
- 1/2 kg mutton,
- 2 tbsp oil,
- salt for taste,
- pinch of turemeric powder,
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
For ground masala:
- 1 big onion cut into pieces,
- 8-10 garlic pods,
- 1 tbsp coriander powder,
- 1 tbsp garted dry coconut,
- 1 tsp red chilli powder(adjust as per spice levels),
- Remove thick stalks of chinta chiguru(leave thin ones as they add taste), clean and keep aside.
- Clean mutton in luke warm water and marinate with turmeric powder,salt,red chilli powder for 1 hour.
- Pressure cook mutton until it is 3/4 th cooked or for 7-8 whistles.(depends on the nature of mutton).
- Mean while prepare the ground masla by grinding the ingredients mentioned above along with chinta chiguru.
- Now in a large bottomed vessel,add oil and once it is hot add the ground masala.Fry for 10 minutes until the rawness disappears.
- Add mutton pieces and half cup of water.Cook on medium flame stirring in between until the gravvy become so thick.
- Turn off the flame and serve with hot rice/rotis along with onions.