Cabbage ,most of the people hates this healthy vegetable.Srikanth and me are not exceptional. But I want to include this veggie some how in our cuisine list as Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C.Cabbage can also be included in dieting programs, as it is a low calorie food.The present recipe is from my friend Smitha's collection of recipes bookmarked from here.
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 big potato
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup curry leaves
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 green chilli chopped into small pieces
- 10 pepper roasted in ghee and made into fine powder
- 1 cheese cube grated
- 1/2 inch ginger chopped into small pieces
- 1 medium sized onion cut into small pieces
- salt to taste
- Boil cabbage and potatoes separately.Squeeze the excess of water.
- Now in a vessel mix all ingredients mentioned above except bread crumbs.(boiled potato,cabbage,salt,green chilli ,ginger pieces,onion pieces,cilantro,curry leaves,grated cheese,pepper powder).Make desired patties of thickness and shape and roll in bread crumbs.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel heat oil and once it is piping hot place the bread crumbs rolled patties.Deep fry until they become brown and place on tissue papers.
- Serve hot on the bed of cabbage leaves with tomato sauce.This serves as a starter in parties.