Though Pasta is an Italian cuisine there is a short shorty on its birth.Pasta is believed to have originated in China, but it was rediscovered by Marco Polo, an Italian explorer who ventured to China in the time of the Yuan Dynasty. After Polo's visit, he brought back the noodle to Italy, where it was modified. There are different varieties of pasta based on its shape. This post is on Rotini Pasta..Rotini is a type of helix shaped pasta mostly consumed with tomato based sauces. Coming to the recipe..
- 2 cups rotini Pasta
- 1 big tomato cooked and pureed
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 small onion grated(yes its grated not chopped)
- 4 garlic pods chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- pinch paprika
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano(optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Add olive oil in a deep pan and once it is hot saute garlic and onion for few minutes.
- Now add tomato puree, on boiling add pasta and all other ingredients.
- Open cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- At the end reduce heat to low and stir continuously so that the puree is absorbed by pasta.Turn off the stove when pasta absorbs all the ingredients.
- Serve hot.