Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Oats Buttermilk

I am not a good fan of oats.But Sri likes to have oats as a part of breakfast/dinner. The other day when I was going through some journal's health column it was mentioned that oats when consumed with buttermilk than milk is more healthy and helps in reducing weight faster.Though Sri and me are not obese to follow this recipe,I just want to try this combination as I heard fr first time.This can be prepared in jiffy and I love the taste of the recipe of course I love all recipes made of buttermilk.Coming to the recipe.


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup quaker oats
  • 1 cup thick butter milk
  • salt to taste
  • 1 tsp chopped green chillies
  • 1 tsp chopped ginger
  • pinch of Asafoetida 


Procedure:
  1. Boil oats until they become soft.
  2. Add the boiled oats in butter milk and combine with all ingredients.
  3. Serve cold.You can also add curry leaves and cilantro which enhances the taste.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Goan style egg curry

Goan style egg curry Coconut is one of the staple food in Goa. Goan's prefer adding coconut milk in most of the recipes . As Sri is d...