Bunch of amarnath leaves were sitting in the refrigerator.Today I want to try some new recipe with this greeny vegetable.When I was go-ogling I found the combination of stir frying amarnath with my(of course everyone's) all time favorite aloo in Sailu ji's blog.Especially I just want this recipe to be consumed by my sister as she avoids greeny vegetables.The taste is heavenly and my sister too liked it.
Coming to the recipe..
- 2 large potatoes peeled,cut into small cubes and cooked
- 2 large bunches of amarnath leaves
- 1 medium sized onion cut into small pieces
- pinch f turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsps oil
- pinch of mustard seeds,fenu greek seeds,cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black gram
- 2 red chillies teared into small pieces
- curry leaves
- coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp Chick Pea powder/pappula podi
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp roasted grated dry coconut(optinal)
- Boil amarnath leaves and aloo separately.Drain water and keep aside.
- In a pan add oil,once it is hot add all popu seeds on spluttering add onion pieces.
- When the onion pieces turns transparent add turmeric powder,red chilli and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add boiled amarnath and aloo to the popu and saute for few seconds.
- Add pappula podi/chick pea powder,red chilli powder,roasted coconut and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis/rice.